The New MacBook Pro Specs Leaked
Intel released a statement to the media today stating that on Thursday in San Francisco it will “host a press briefing to discuss a new technology that is about to appear on the market.” The date happens to coincide with Apple’s expected release of the new MacBook Pros.
According to MacGeneration’s source, Apple is planning on releasing the new MacBook Pro that same day. The article reads that the new MacBook Pro will be equipped with the following:
- 16 GB SSD mSATA drives on all MBP models to store the system
- A speedy Intel Core i3
- A third USB port on the 13″ model
- Matte screen option on the higher-end 13″
- An option to replace the SuperDrive with a SSD on the 15″ and 17″ MBP models
- HD screens on all models with 1440×900 on the 13″, 1680×1050 on the 15″
- The 13″ and 15″ models are lighter, 200 grams less on both models
- The 17″ model is heavier at 300 grams more than the current 17″ model
- Longer battery life: 12 hours on the 13″ and 10 hours on the 15″
- 4 GB of RAM for the 13″ and 15″ models, 8 GB of RAM for the 17″
It also looks like the white MacBook will be discontinued and the new entry-level Apple laptop would be the MacBook Air 11″.
MacGeneration also listed an estimated price for each one of the MacBook Pro models, the following are the estimated prices for the new MacBook Pros:
MacBook Pro 13″: 1,199 (EUR) for the first models and 1,499 (EUR) for the second model.
MacBook Pro 15″: 1,799 (EUR) for the first models and 2,199 (EUR) for the second model.
MacBook Pro 17″: 2,449 (EUR) from one of the sources and 2,499 (EUR) is the number from another source.
If Apple is making the announcement of the new MacBook Pros on Thursday which coincides with Intel’s announcement of their new technology “Light Peak”, my guess is that this is not a coincidence and that these new MacBook Pros will be featuring the high-speed connection technology “Light Peak” from Intel.
According to a cnet reporter, Apple has shown interest in adopting this technology, in the meantime… if you are looking to buy a new MacBook Pro, wait until this Thursday to see which of the new models is the one that fits your needs.I wonder if there would be a new MacBook Air as well…