20 Companies Win Chance to Present at Clean Energy Venture Summit
AUSTIN, TEXAS, September 21 – After an extensive evaluation of over 70 early stage clean energy companies from across the U.S., the fourth annual Clean Energy Venture Summit (CEVS), a partnership between The Austin Technology Incubator (ATI) and Austin Energy, has narrowed down its list to 20 clean tech companies.
“Companies that present at our Summit have a strong track record of receiving investment as a result of their participation,” said Isaac Barchas, director, Austin Technology Incubator. “The Summit’s utility industry linkages create a unique environment for emerging technology companies, venture capitalists and angel investors.”
The Clean Energy Venture Summit, to be held September 29-30 in Austin, Texas, has emerged as one of the most prolific funding resources of its kind in the country for emerging clean tech companies, resulting in $300,000 to $1 million of funding, on average, for each company selected to present to its audience of investors.
This year’s presenters include the following 20 companies:
- 7Solar | Woburn, Massachusetts | www.7solartech.com
- AstroWatt | Round Rock, Texas | www.astrowatt.com
- Convergence Wireless | Corona Del Mar, California | www.convergencewireless.com
- Ener-G-Rotors, Inc. | Rotterdam, New York | www.ener-g-rotors.com
- Enertaq | Chevy Chase, Maryland | www.enertaq.com
- Enovative Kontrol Systems | Venice, California | www.enovativegroup.com
- Greenlet | New York City, New York (U.S) | www.greenlettechnologies.com
- Incenergy | Austin, Texas | www.incenergy.com
- infiniRel | Frisco, Texas | www.infinirel.com
- K Power | Austin, Texas | www.cmnapower.com
- May-Ruben Technologies | Las Vegas, Nevada | www.may-rubentechnologies.com
- Microstaq | Austin, Texas | www.microstaq.com
- NetZero Energy Systems | Ulster Park, New York | www.thermalvault.com
- PCM Innovations | Longmont, Colorado | www.esbits.com
- Porteon Electric Vehicles, Inc. | Portland, Oregon | www.porteon.net
- Prism Solar | Highland, New York | www.prismsolar.com
- Pythagoras Solar | San Mateo, California | www.pythagoras-solar.com
- SunCentral | Richmond, British Columbia, Canada | www.suncentralinc.com
- Sunnovations | McLean, Virginia | www.sunnovations.com
- Tigo Energy | Los Gatos, California | www.tigoenergy.com
In addition to connecting entrepreneurs and investors, the Clean Energy Venture Summit serves as a gateway for early-stage companies to participate in the nationally acclaimed Pecan Street Project Energy Internet Demonstration, a non-profit smart grid and clean energy research and development organization headquartered at the University of Texas at Austin.
The summit includes a half-day entrepreneur workshop featuring presentations and panel discussions from investors, IP attorneys and other industry experts. Entrepreneurs have the opportunity to network with industry peers, investors and a range of clean energy leaders.
“This year’s 20 clean tech presenters come from across North America,” said Barchas. “Interest in Austin’s Pecan Street Project and exciting efforts by Austin Energy have drawn these companies to Austin.”
To register to attend, visit www.cleanenergyventuresummit.com.
The public can also follow summit news on Twitter, by typing in “@CEVS2010” and joining the conversation with “#CEVS2010”. Through the Web site, participants are able to connect with CEVS on Facebook and LinkedIn.
About the Austin Technology Incubator
The Austin Technology Incubator is a nonprofit unit of The University of Texas at Austin that harnesses business, government and academic resources to provide strategic counsel, operational guidance and infrastructure support to its member companies to help them transition from early stage ventures to successful technology businesses.
Since its founding in 1989, ATI has worked with over 200 companies, helping them raise close to $750 million in investor capital. ATI is a key program of the IC2 Institute at The University of Texas at Austin.
For more information, please visit: www.ati.utexas.edu.
About Austin Energy
Austin Energy is the nation’s 10th largest community-owned electric utility. Austin Energy powers the capital city of Texas through a diverse generation mix including nuclear, coal, natural gas and renewable energy sources. Located in Austin, TX, Austin Energy created the top performing renewable energy program in the nation and is committed to helping Austin become the Clean Energy Capital of the World.
The company owns the nation’s first and largest green building program and is home to one of the nation’s most comprehensive residential and commercial energy efficiency programs.
For further information, please visit: www.AustinEnergy.com.
For this and other events, check out our Events page